Fall is one of our favorite times of the year at Catering By The Family, and we’re excited that it’s here. When the calendar turns from the heat of Florida’s summer to the slightly cooler and less humid fall months of September, October, and November, events head outdoors and so do we!
We love creating our chef-driven menus with seasonal flavors, and we’ve put together a list of 20 ideas to help you add a taste of autumn to your next event. Whether you’re planning an autumn wedding or a company gathering, here are 15 ways to “fall” in love with the season:
1. Focus your menu on seasonal flavors, like apple, butternut squash, hazelnut, cranberry, carrot, ginger, and cinnamon.
2. Serve a charcuterie board with rustic cheeses and breads, along with fruits, nuts, and spreads.
3. Serve comfort-food appetizers like macaroni and cheese bites or tomato soup and grilled cheese shooters.
4. Include a fall-inspired soup, such as butternut squash bisque, in your menu.
5. Consider hearty entrees like slow-roasted pork or wild mushroom risotto (as a vegetarian option).
6. Serve harvest-style sides, such as roasted root vegetables or garlic mashed potatoes.
7. Make sure your coffee station includes seasonal syrups, such as cinnamon or pumpkin spice.
8. Have a caramel apple dipping station or a s’mores station for dessert.
9. Invite guests to enjoy a late night snack of cinnamon sugar doughnuts with warm apple cider.
10. Give boxed mini pies as a party favor. Nothing says fall like an apple or pumpkin pie!
11. Have a fall themed signature drink, like a spiced red wine sangria or a pumpkin white Russian.
12. Offer local, seasonal beers and hard ciders at the bar.
13. Feature copper, gold, and rich jewel tones like purple, green, and red, in your color scheme.
14. Go rustic for the setting. A traditional barn or outdoor picnic area is great for a fall gathering.
15. Include fall flowers like chrysanthemums, roses, and sunflowers in your arrangements.
16. Use pumpkins or gourds as vessels for your centerpieces or as buffet décor. If you are having a wedding, your flower girls could even carry pumpkins down the aisle instead of traditional baskets!
17. Carve table numbers into pumpkins for each table or use mini pumpkins for each place setting.
18. Add woodcuts and fall foliage to your décor to bring the outside in. A garland of fall leaves makes an elegant decoration.
19. Accent your décor with apples or pomegranate for pops of red.
20. Incorporate candles or lanterns into your tablescape for a warm glow.
We hope these ideas have you falling for fall! If you’re planning an autumn event, give us a call at 813-875-2000 today. You can check out our standard menus online or we can customize chef-driven offerings just for your special day. We look forward to celebrating the season with you!